Happiness is subjective, which means everyone experiences it in their own unique way. But, in all, we all want to be happy and fulfil our potentials.
You’ll find 110 positive affirmations for happiness in this blog post as well as the helpful tips to maintain happiness.
Why is important to be happy?
It is important to be happy because it is a reflection of our inner state. When we are happy, we are in harmony with ourselves and our surroundings.
We are also more likely to attract positive circumstances and people into our lives.
Happiness is contagious – when we are happy, we run off our happiness on those around us as well.
Answering the question — “What makes you happy?“
3 Things you can do to be happier
We can face all sorts of unexpected troubles and challenges along the way. Despite all the life hurdles, there are certain things we can do to actively live a happier life.
Here are just a few that you might want to try out!
- Adopt a positive mindset
- Constantly Learn and Grow
- Remove the things that cause stress where possible
Adopt a Positive Mindset
Some of us naturally have a glass half full mindset. If you find that you’re a bit of a pessimist, do what you can to keep your chin up and try to look on the bright side of life.
If something is getting you down, consider what positives have come from it.
Has it helped you to advance in a new direction?
Has it made you learn more about yourself?
Has it given you new goals to work on and areas of self improvement to consider?
It doesn’t matter the route you take to achieve happiness; one thing remains constant – our thought processes will always matter.
That’s why we have compiled a list of 110 positive affirmations for happiness to help you be happier every day.
What are affirmations? Can they make you happy?
Affirmations are positive statements that can help you to challenge and overcome negative and self-destructive thoughts.
When you repeat an affirmation to yourself, you are training your brain to focus on the positive, which can eventually lead to improved mood and increased happiness.
Some scientific research has shown that affirmations can indeed lead to happiness. One study found that participants who were exposed to positive affirmations were more likely to report feeling happier and more optimistic afterwards.
Writing and repeating affirmations can help people to achieve their goals. The more specific the affirmation, the more effective it become.
So, if you’re looking for a happiness boost, why not try out some affirmations?
Write them down, say them out loud, and see if they make a difference for you.
110 Positive affirmations for happiness
- I am happy and grateful to be alive.
- I always look out to learn the good and unlearn the bad.
- I am a good person and people can count on me
- I am a valuable member of society.
- I am able to focus on my goals and am enthusiastic about my work.
- I am able to handle any challenge that comes my way.
- I am abundant in all areas of my life.
- I am abundant with resources and opportunities.
- I am allowed to be happy.
- I am always learning and growing.
- I am always moving forward in life.
- I am always taking care of myself.
- I am an intelligent person and I think before I act.
- I am and will always be good enough
- I am available for happiness.
- I am beautiful in and out and I radiate positivity.
- I am capable of anything I put my mind to.
- I am capable of making the right decisions for my wellbeing.
- I am comfortable with who I am and who I am not.
- I am competent, I do my tasks with all dexterity
- I am confident and secure in who I am and what I do.
- I am confident in myself and what I can do
- I am forgiving and forgiving of others.
- I am grateful for all I have and am content with them
- I am grateful for my achievements.
- I am grateful for my blessings.
- I am grateful for my life and all that is in it.
- I am happy with my life.
- I am happy with my progress.
- I am happy with who I am.
- I am in control of my own happiness.
- I am kind and compassionate to myself and others.
- I am living my own life and think for myself
- I am lucky and blessed
- I am not responsible for other people’s happiness.
- I am okay with the situations I cannot solve and do not beat myself up over them
- I am open to new experiences.
- I am perfect just the way I am.
- I am proud of who I am becoming
- I am strong, capable, resilient and reliable
- I am successful in everything I do.
- I am surrounded by people who love and support me.
- I am who I think I am and grateful for that
- I am willing to take baby steps and not rush things
- I am worth my weight in gold.
- I am worthy of love and happiness.
- I appreciate what I have and don’t work myself up over what I don’t
- I approve of myself.
- I believe in myself and my abilities, so anything is possible!
- I can do anything I set my mind to.
- I celebrate with people when they rejoice and wish them well
- I create the possibility of happiness for others by being genuinely happy
- I deserve to be happy.
- I do what is best for me because I know what is right
- I embrace my imperfections and I am confident in them.
- I enjoy my work and do my best at it.
- I experience joy in everything I do
- I have a lot of potential and I do what is right to make them useful
- I have a positive mindset and receive everything that comes my way with an open heart.
- I have everything I need to be happy
- I have everything I need to succeed in my current goal or endeavor.
- I know when it’s right to say “Yes” or “No.”
- I let go of my past and work to make my future better.
- I love and approve of myself.
- I love myself unconditionally.
- I make good life choices that help me grow
- I make time for leisure and relaxation.
- I nourish my body with healthy food and exercise
- surround myself with positive influences and good people
- I take pride in my accomplishments.
- I understand that life is tough, but I am ready for whatever it brings my way
- I value my peace of mind and I take the right steps to keep it sane
- It is ok for me to be happy.
- Life is good. I love being alive!
- My dreams are coming true every day
- My happiness is reflected back to me in everything I attract.
- My inner joy is the source of all the good in my life
- My mind is clear and calm, ready for action.
- My relationships are healthy, loving, and supportive.
- There are amazing things in my life; no matter how small they may seem, they are significant.
30 morning affirmations for happiness
Letting go of negative thoughts can be hard, but it’s so important to start your day off on the right foot.
When you wake up in the morning, the first thing you can do is to say some morning affirmations to yourself. By doing this, you will be able to set the tone for the rest of the day.
Here are 30 positive morning affirmations for happiness that you can use daily.
- I affirm that today will be a spectacular day.
- Amazing things are on the way to me.
- Everything is falling in place for my good.
- I am committed to being a better person today
- I am excited about the possibilities that lie ahead.
- I am grateful for this new day and thankful to be alive.
- I am living in the present moment and enjoying every part of it.
- I am looking forward to a great day today.
- I am motivated and have high energy for this beautiful day
- I am open to all the possibilities that today has to offer.
- I am optimistic because today is a new day.
- I am present in the moment, and I am at peace.
- I am ready to face the day with courage and strength.
- I am surrounded by an abundance of love and positivity.
- I am surrounded by kind and inspiring people.
- I am thankful for all the blessings in my life.
- I am thankful for my family and friends.
- I believe in the goodness of life.
- I believe in the timing of my life.
- I choose to pursue peace and harmony today every day of my life
- I continue to choose positivity.
- I continue to make happy memories.
- I have all the time I need and I will use it wisely.
- I make the most out of my life.
- Life is blossoming for me.
- Life is wonderful and I’m grateful to be alive.
- Something wonderful is going to happen today.
- Today I will do everything with enthusiasm.
- Today is brimming with possibilities.
- Today is going to be a wonderful day.
More Inspiring Affirmations
- 153 positive affirmations for women
- 94 affirmations for business success
- 110 positive affirmations for self-love
- 110 positive affirmations for happiness
- 100 unique positive affirmations for self-confidence
- 55 positive affirmations for imposter syndrome
- 100 powerful daily affirmations for positivity
- 80 powerful positive “I am” statements
- 72 positive affirmations for social anxiety
- 60 Positive Money Affirmations To Attract Success And Abundance
- 138 Powerful Affirmations For Fear To Overcome Anxiety
- 75 Positive Affirmations For Self-Doubt – Transform Your Thoughts
- 102 Powerful Monday Affirmations To Help You Start The Week Off Right
- 60 Inspiring Affirmations For Productivity To Help You Stay On Track
- 85 Tuesday Positive Affirmations To Start The Day Off Right
- 80 Positive Wednesday Affirmations to ease the mid-week stress
- 60 Effective Affirmations for Positive Thinking & Emotional Wellbeing
Why We repeat affirmations
Repeating positive affirmations to ourselves, helps us program our minds to focus on the positive and ignore the negative.
It is easy to dwell on negative thoughts and allow them to overwhelm us. But, if we tell ourselves these positive affirmations everyday, they will most likely help us to navigate away from the negatives towards the positives; even in tough times.
Other things you can do to live a happier life
Constantly Learn and Grow
Growth is such a huge part of any of our personal journeys, and learning can give you a great sense of fulfilment.
So, see every day as an opportunity to learn and grow! All too often, people reach adulthood and feel that their learning curve has ended. But this is far from the case.
You’ll learn small lessons every single day. Plus, you can always continue journeys along paths you’re interested in.
Want to learn how to do pottery?
Pick up a weekly class in a local center.
Interested in starting new side hustle?
Want to get involved in cryptocurrency?
Find out how much to spend on Bitcoin
Interested in a particular artist?
Visit galleries and do guided tours of their works.
All these are bound to give you something to focus on that will put a smile on your face on a regular basis!
21 new healthy habits you can learn to live a happier life
- Start your day with positive thoughts and intentions. Copy any of the affirmations for happiness above and repeat them to yourself to shift your mindset towards the positives of life.
- Live in the present, and focus on what brings you happiness everyday. Remember to take care of yourself first and foremost!
- Be grateful for the good in your life, and celebrate each moment. Stay optimistic, even in challenging times.
- Let go of negative beliefs that hold you back from happiness. Replace them with empowering affirmations that support your desired outcome. 2-3 sets of affirmations daily can help improve your mood and outlook on life!
- Allow yourself to be happy and enjoy the moment. Don’t worry about what’s going to happen tomorrow or the past. Let go and enjoy today!
- Cherish your relationships with friends, family, and loved ones. Make time for them every day, and be there for each other.
- Live in the present moment, and focus on your blessings instead of your problems. Take a deep breath and let it out slowly… everything will work out in the end!
- Be grateful for all that you have, both material and emotional wise. Remember that you are amazing just the way you are!
- Take care of your physical body – eat healthy foods, and get enough exercise – for it is only as strong as its weakest link.
- Appreciate beauty in all forms – from nature to art to your own personal appearance. Be grateful for all that you see around you!
- Focus on creating positive relationships with people – whether they are family members, close friends, or complete strangers you meet along the way!
- Allow yourself time for relaxations and indulgences (both mental and physical). Let go of stressors one by one so that you can live a more leisurely life ????
- Meditate or do yoga daily to clear your mind and connect with yourself on a deeper level.
- Give compliments freely to those around you – not only will it make them feel good but also it will help build trust which is essential in any relationship.
- Remember that everyone goes through ups and downs; don’t beat yourself up when things don’t go according to plan.
- Appreciate small moments throughout the day: a compliment from a friend, an unexpected smile from a stranger.
- Remind yourself regularly that everything will work out in the end – no matter how difficult things seem at present.
- Live each day fully aware of how loved and special you are.
- Take action towards achieving your goals; don’t sit around waiting for something to happen.
- Visualize success before hand; this will help increase your chances of achieving it.
- And finally: always remember to have fun! Life is too short not to enjoy every minute ????
Remove the things that cause stress where possible
Identifying causes of stress and other negative emotions in your life is important. This can then allow you to challenge things that are causing you trouble, or to remove them from your life in a healthy and fair way.
If you’re struggling with achieving this, you could always consider support groups, helplines and therapy for further advice that is more personalised to you and your individual circumstances.
Whatever your stresses are, there will be a way of overcoming them or at least dealing with them in a manner that allows you to be happier.
In the end, happiness is the goal. It is only normal to do anything right to achieve an ultimate level of peace and abundance.
While these tips and affirmations for happiness can help us to cultivate a more positive outlook on life and overcome negative thinking patterns; they are not a replacement for the actions you need to take in order to be happy.
Having good habits and doing the things that make you happy will lead to a happier life. Regardless of what you say to yourself, if you don’t take action, they are as good as useless.
Always remember that while affirmations can help, we need to take action and work toward actually leading a happy and healthy life.
I may earn a commission from qualifying purchases made through the links on this blog, at no additional cost to you. For more information, see my Disclosure