The first step to building your self-worth is loving yourself.
Whenever you look in the mirror, what do you see?
Do you see someone who is beautiful and worthy of love, or someone who is not good enough?
If you see someone who is not good enough, it is time for a change. It is time to affirm yourself with positive statements that will help you see yourself in a new, more positive light.
If you do not love yourself, you’ll hardly ever do anything right for your growth.
This blog boost shares with you over 100 affirmations for self-love that will encourage you to value yourself and inspire you to stick to your growth.
So, if you are struggling to value yourself, or simply need a little encouragement to love yourself, look at our affirmations and try them. They may just be what you need to help you rediscover your happiness.
Before we jump right into the Inspirational self-love affirmations, let us get an overview of what it means and why it’s important.
What is self-love?
Self-love is a state of being where you value yourself and have a deep respect for yourself. It is a state of mind where you view yourself in a positive light and believe that you are worthy of love and respect.
In short, self-love means putting your own needs and happiness first. It’s about cherishing yourself as a person, not just as an object.
Why is self-love so important?
Self-love is important because it is the foundation of a healthy relationship with yourself. If you do not love and respect yourself, it will be difficult to take care of yourself, or to have healthy relationships with others.
When you love yourself, you are more likely to make choices that are in your best interest and to treat yourself with care and compassion. This doesn’t mean that you will never make mistakes, but it means that you will be more likely to forgive yourself and move on from them.
Self-love is something that you need to cultivate — it doesn’t happen overnight. It takes time and effort to learn to love yourself, but it is worth it.
When you have a healthy relationship with yourself, you will discover that your life is more fulfilling, and that you are better able to handle the challenges that come your way – with a lower levels of stress, anxiety, and depression.
So how do you love yourself?
There isn’t a single answer to this question, because everyone’s journey towards self-love is different. However, some tips on how to love yourself include:
Be accepting of yourself
This is probably the most important thing you can do. If you can’t accept yourself, how can you expect anyone else to?
You are just as unique as everyone else, and there is nothing wrong with that. If you don’t like something about yourself, that’s okay — you can work on fixing it, but don’t beat yourself up for having those thoughts.
Don’t be too hard on yourself
Beating yourself up about things will help nothing. If you make a mistake, learn from it and move on.
Don’t compare yourself to others
You are unique, so don’t compare yourself to others. Focus on your own journey and what works for you.
Learn to forgive yourself
We all make mistakes. It’s part of being human. What’s important is that you learn from your mistakes and move on.
Remember: nobody is perfect! Accepting that you have flaws is the first step towards forgiving yourself. Treat yourself with kindness and respect, no matter what happens.
Find things that make you happy
Do things that make you happy and make you feel good about yourself. This can be anything from taking a yoga class to listening to your favorite music. Do what works for you and make you feel happy.
Take care of your mind and body
Both are essential for a healthy mind and body. When you are physically healthy, your brain will function at its best — therefore it’s important to get enough exercise, eat a balanced diet, and avoid smoking or drinking alcohol excessively. And in your mental health, make sure that you get enough sleep, socialize regularly, and practice meditation or mindfulness regularly.
Using positive affirmations for self-love
Affirmations are positive statements that can help to change your thinking and your outlook on life. When you repeat them to yourself and believe them, they can help to improve your self-esteem.
Self-love affirmation are positive statements that remind us of our worth. They help us see ourselves in a more loving light, and to feel more connected to others. Self-love affirmations can be about anything that we want to change or improve in ourselves.
Do daily affirmations for self-love work?
Positive self-love affirmations work, but it depends on the person saying them. If you truly believe in them, then they will work. If you don’t, then they probably won’t work.
Affirmations for self-love are helpful, but they’re not a cure-all. I recommend that you also take actionable steps to improve your life as you focus on positive self-talks.
For example, if you’re trying to quit self-sabotage, daily affirmations alone won’t make the change happen. You also have to work to eliminate the habits that make you sabotage your efforts.
Daily affirmations for self-love can be beneficial, but they are not a quick fix. If you’re struggling with self-love, I encourage you to give them a shot and see if they work for you. But, don’t forget to take actionable steps to improve your life.
What works for one person may not work for another, so it’s important to experiment and find out what affirmations work best for you.
110 positive self-love affirmations
When you love yourself, you are happier and more content. You are also more likely to attract positive people and experiences into your life.
Start affirming yourself today with these 110 affirmations for self-love.
Affirmations for self-acceptance
To practise self-love, you must first accept yourself for who you are. The more you accept yourself, the more you will love and respect the person you are.
Here are 30 positive affirmations for self-acceptance:
- I am enough.
- I am beautiful and lovable, just as I am.
- I am worthy of love and respect,
- I am not perfect, and that is okay.
- I love and accept myself just as I am.
- I am grateful for who I am.
- I am worthy of my own time and attention.
- I am compassionate to myself.
- I am worthy of my love and respect.
- I am joyful and optimistic.
- I am open to change and willing to grow.
- I am a beautiful and unique individual.
- I am talented and gifted.
- I am worthy of happiness and success.
- I am blessed with good health.
- I am a valuable member of society.
- I am at peace with myself, no matter what happens in life.
- I am grateful for all the good in my life.
- I am happy without material things..
- I am happy and content with who I am.
- I am beautiful and capable of great things!
- I am comfortable in my skin.
- I accept my weaknesses and strengths.
- I believe in myself and trust my abilities.
- I am loved and appreciated by those around me.
- I have a lot to bring to the world.
- My life is my journey, and I am the captain of my ship.
- I am generous with my time, energy, and resources.
- I take care of myself physically, emotionally, and mentally.
- I deserve to be loved and valued for who I am.
Affirmations for self-compassion
Self-compassion is a quality that every person should strive to develop. It involves being kind and understanding towards oneself during difficult times, and recognizing that everyone goes through struggles.
It is important to remember that we are all human and have imperfections. By being more self-compassionate, we can learn to accept ourselves for who we are and become more resilient when facing challenges.
Here are 25 affirmations for self-compassion that can help you become kinder to yourself:
- I am worthy of good things.
- I am worthy of love and respect.
- I am doing my best, and that is enough.
- I am allowed to make mistakes and learn from them.
- I am not alone in this — sometimes we all struggle.
- I am not what others think of me.
- I treat myself with kindness and compassion.
- I am doing the best I can.
- I am forgiving of myself.
- I am patient with myself.
- I am grateful for all that I am and all that I have.
- I am worthy of happiness.
- I am doing the best I can
- I am worthy of love and respect.
- I am allowed to make mistakes — and I will learn and grow from them.
- I am worthy of second chances.
- I am doing the best I can with what I have.
- I am not responsible for making everyone happy.
- I am not my past mistakes and failures.
- I am worthy of love and compassion.
- I am allowed to feel my emotions without judgment.
- I am allowed to feel my feelings — and they are valid and important.
- I take care of myself unapologetically.
- I am surrounded by love and support.
- I am a work in progress, and I am okay with that.
Affirmations for self-worth and confidence
When you are confident in yourself, you don’t need anyone’s approval to love who you are. You know your worth and you are happy with who you are.
When you are confident, you’ll not try to be someone you’re not because you are comfortable in your own skin. You are happy with who you are and you love yourself for it.
Here are 30 positive affirmations for self-confidence:
- I love and accept myself just as I am.
- I am beautiful, inside and out.
- I deserve happiness and success.
- I am learning and growing every day.
- I am grateful for my life and all that I have.
- I am fallible, but I am also resilient.
- I am surrounded by people who love and care for me.
- I trust in myself and my abilities.
- I am confident in my skin.
- I am comfortable in my company.
- I am open to new experiences and learning new things
- I have the power to create my own reality.
- I am strong, capable, and Intelligent.
- I am successful and accomplished.
- I welcome every constructive criticism and take action to be better.
- I am capable of achieving anything I set my mind to.
- I am making exponential progress with my self-confidence.
- I do not tie my confidence to perfection – it’s okay to be imperfect.
- Every day is a great day to build and grow fearlessly!
- I am clear and confident about my personal choices.
- I am confident in my unique gifts and talents, and I share them proudly with the world.
- Today, tomorrow and every day, I AM CONFIDENT.
- I am open to new and beautiful changes that make me better.
- People will always be people, and I will always be me, CONFIDENT and STRONG.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to improve my life.
- I choose how I want to feel and I choose confidence.
- No “what if’s” – I do all I need to do for my success.
- I am humble but I know when to draw the line.
- People will love my crafts, they will value my voice and love me for who I am.
- I am not afraid of saying “yes” or “no” at the appropriate time.
Self-love affirmations for forgiving yourself
We often underestimate the power of forgiveness. Forgiveness can not just heal past hurts, but to prevent future pain.
When we forgive, we let go of grudges and resentments that can poison our present and future.
Forgiveness is a choice we make to let go of our anger and bitterness towards ourselves or someone who has hurt us. It is always worth it to decide to forgive.
Here are 25 affirmations for forgiving yourself to help you on your journey to self love:
- I forgive myself for all the times I have held onto anger and resentment.
- By forgiving, I make peace with the past and make room for happiness in the present.
- Forgiveness expresses self-love.
- I am grateful for the lessons that forgiveness has taught me.
- I am grateful for the lessons that I have learned from the past.
- I am no longer a victim — I am a victorious forgiver.
- I am not my past and mistakes
- I am open to reconciliation and healing in relationships that have been hurt.
- I am open to the healing power of forgiveness.
- I am strong enough to forgive.
- I am surrounded by love and forgiveness.
- I forgive myself for my part in any hurtful situation.
- I am letting go of any feelings of revenge or retribution.
- I am letting go of any resentment or bitterness I may feel.
- I release any grudges or grievances I may be holding.
- I deserve forgiveness, and I am forgiving others.
- I forgive myself for all the times I have been impatient.
- I forgive myself for all the times I have let myself down.
- I forgive myself for my mistakes and shortcomings.
- I forgive those who have hurt me in the past, and I release them from my heart.
- I let go of all the criticism and self-hatred that had been holding me back.
- I let go of the guilt and negativity for my well-being.
- I let go of the things that are out of my control.
- I’m ready to let go of the hurt and move on.
- My past does not define my future, and I am at peace with it.
How to make affirmations work for you
Here are a few tips for making positive affirmations work for you:
- Keep them short and sweet.
- Make them specific to you.
- Believe them, even if you don’t feel like it right now.
- Say them out loud.
- Repeat them regularly.
- Write them down.
- Switch them up to resonate with you.
What are the benefits of self-love?
The benefits of self-love are endless, so don’t wait any longer to live a happier and more fulfilling life.
Here are a few benefits of loving yourself;
- You’ll feel happier and more fulfilled in your life.
- you’ll be less likely to stress or overeat.
- you’ll be more resilient in the face of setbacks.
- you’ll have better self-esteem and self-confidence.
- you’ll be more likely to make healthy decisions.
Self-love is a very important aspect of our lives. It is the first step to achieving our goals , because it takes one who loves themselves to focus on doing what’s right to their growth and wellbeing.
It is not always easy to love ourselves, but it is so important to do so. I hope that these inspirational affirmations for self-love will help you rediscover your happiness, feel more confident, and put you on the path to becoming the person you want to become.
Remember to repeat the affirmations that resonate with you every day and see how they work for you!
Enjoy my weekly newsletter and be the first to hear about latest posts.