There are various ways to make money online in Nigeria and one of the different ways to earn money online is by being an affiliate marketer in good affiliate programs. Affiliate marketing is one of the popular ways Nigerians use to make money online.
This system of earning online is quite simple, or rather the definition makes it look so. As an affiliate marketer, all you need do is convince and make people buy products from online shops through a special link that you’ll get for being an affiliate marketer. That simple I guess!
There are various online shops in Nigeria with Jumia topping the list of the most used shops. Each day people troop to the online shop to buy various goods.
How Jumia Enable You make Money Online In Nigeria as an Affiliate Marketer
Now, I wouldn’t say making money as an affiliate marketer is a very easy task as I didn’t do much in the Jumia affiliate program; but that is definitely for personal reasons. Jumia is an online shop that gives individuals the opportunity to earn a percentage off sales when people they’ve referred to their website pays for products.
If you are nothing like me, you know how to convince people, shop online, review and promote products, then I see no reason why you shouldn’t join the Jumia affiliate program.
Also, if you are wondering whether or not to join the jumia affiliate program because you feel you might not find interesting products to promote, you should know that Jumia offers millions of products in various categories.
On Jumia you can find electronics, games, consoles, fashion products, beauty products, laptops, Phones tablets and many more. So? There is plenty of choice to make when it comes to choosing the best category to promote in order to make money online in Nigeria from the jumia affiliate program.
What You Need To Start Off in The Jumia Affiliate Program
Literally, people will say you need a blog or website. But I’d outrightly say No, you do not need to have a blog or website in order to make money online with affiliate marketing. Your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram page can be just enough in helping you promote your affiliate products.
Even though you do not have a blog currently, creating one can be an improvement to your earnings and promotion endeavours, as a personal blog can help you promote better and even grab returning visitors outside your friends and families.
HOW TO JOIN JUMIA AFFILIATE PROGRAM
- It’s very easy to sign up.
- First, visit jumia affiliate site and sign up by clicking the “BECOME AN AFFILIATE” button.
- After you’ve filled in the necessary details, click on “SIGN UP”.
- You would wait for an approval email because confirmation is manual.
- Once approved,a confirmation with a link to the Jumia login page will be sent to the mail you registered with.
How To Start Marketing Jumia Goods and Make Money Online In Nigeria as an Affiliate Marketer
• Once you’ve logged in, you will need to navigate to your affiliate dashboard and click on tools then select either banner or link builder.
Banners are in picture formant and are usually meant for blogs and websites, so if you are using your social media accounts to work, you should generate text links with the link builder.
• To get Banners for your blog or website, you need to select “Advertising Offer” (country of interest). Select Jumia Nigeria, if you are in Nigeria. Then choose your desired caregory by clicking on any of the the “Banner Folders”, then the desired “Banner Size” you want. Finally copy the “Banner Code” to place in your site.
• To get affiliate text links, you need to select “Advertising Offer” (country of interest). Select Jumia Nigeria, if you are in Nigeria. (instructions below to successfully generate products affiliate links)
How To Get Affiliate Links Of Specific Products
One of the easiest way of generating affiliate text links of any product you’ll love to promote is by visiting the product page on Jumia and copying the page URL then pasting in into the “Page URL” text field. The product affiliate link will be generated and placed inside the “Final URL” box.
How much you make per Affiliate Sale and How You Get Paid
The amount you make per sale depends on the price and sales commission of the product. Every product has its own commission rate.
Jumia pays you directly to your bank account once you’ve reached the N5000 threshold.
The main purpose of joining the Jumia affiliate programme is to refer customers to their website, whose purchases earns you commissions. Thus you can not get paid for mere visits without purchase in the Jumia website.