Interserver Review: An Amazing Web Hosting Solution
Choosing a web hosting company for your blog/website can be tasking. You are not just faced with several choices, but the need to buy from the best among others. A good hosting space is likely everyone’s dream despite contrasting budgets. As a new blogger or small business, it’s only normal to search for good companies with hosting plans you can afford.
Whether you are about to start a Blog/Website or planning to change your web hosting company, it’s only normal to want a reliable hosting company notwithstanding its affordability. There are several amazing companies according to user reviews and recommendations. Thus, to lessen the burden of having to learn from your experience, read what others have to say about the options you have on the table.
In this post, I will be reviewing one of the oldest reliable hosting companies, Interserver.
Interserver as stated above, is an age-long hosting company that has been providing quality services to businesses/bloggers since its inception in 1999. The company that started out as a two-man team in New Jersey has stood the test of time, thanks to the foundation and quality services offered.
Interserver boast of hosting packages that come with cool features (regardless of your plan) like; 99% uptime, SSL, free site migration, $1.99 Domain registration/transfer, one click installation, website protection, customer support, and more
Below are the popular hosting plans offered
- Shared hosting
- VPS hosting
- Reseller Hosting
- Dedicated servers
- Colocation Services
SHARED HOSTING PLANS
Shared hosting is likely the most popular plan among new bloggers and website owners. Unlike other companies, there is only one pricing option for this package, $5.00/month. The plan is pretty straightforward with amazing features such as; unlimited storage, Free SSL, Cloudflare CDN, and more. If you are opting for shared hosting, you can choose either the standard, WordPress or ASP.NET package.
ASP.NET plan is a Windows Plan similar to the Standard Plan but has its servers running on Microsoft products instead of open-source/Linux-based software. You can host 25 websites on ASP.NET as against the unlimited websites on the standard share hosting plan.
The shared WordPress hosting plan offers solutions for wordpress users. With this plan, you are entitled to version control, anti-virus protection, and daily backups.
With this plan, you get:
- Unlimited SSD storage
- SitePad website builder
- Unlimited email accounts
- Global content caching
- 450+ cloud apps (some free, others paid)
- Intershield protection
- Weekly backups
- cPanel (Linux) and Plesk (Windows) control panels
Interserver’s standard shared hosting is definitely not one of the cheapest plans on the internet, but coupled with the features attached, it’s a fair deal. You can choose to opt for 1, 6, 12, 24, or 36 months hosting duration. Each contract duration has a discount attached. Basically, you pay $4/month is your opt-in for 36 months hosting duration.
VPS hosting is an upgrade to shared hosting. The package was built to sustain growing websites that have become too heavy for a shared hosting space. You may switch to VPS and choose from any of the 16 operating systems including Windows, Ubuntu, or Linux.
There are 16 VPS plans to choose from Interserver.
The smallest plan is priced at $6/month with 1 CPU core, 2.048GB RAM, 30GB SSD Storage and 1TB.
The largest plan is priced at $96/month with 16 CPU Cores, 32.768GB RAM, 480GB SSD Storage and 16GB Bandwidth among other features.
WORDPRESS VPS HOSTING
If you’d rather use WordPress VPS hosting, Interserver has that just in place. This VPS hosting aims to promote a smooth experience with the ever-delicate WordPress. The WordPress VPS plans and pricing are similar to the stock VPS plans.
Note: The Interserver team does not offer a money back guarantee for VPS hosting. It’s best you choose wisely.
This plan simply targets web developers or individuals looking to start their own hosting companies. We literally have no business with this plan, but you can’t tell what blogging can get you into business wise. There are 5 reseller hosting plans which allow you to host as many websites as desired, but then, resource allocation differs.
Dedicated servers is an upgrade to VPS hosting. This plan targets established businesses/blogs with thousands/millions of visitors. Dedicated server is also a better choice for individuals looking to establish and grow an ecommerce store. The plan comes as the most expensive package on Interserver. The smallest plan costs $50/month and the largest, $995/month. There’s no money back guarantee with this plan as well.
I believe you must have gotten acquainted with Interserver and some of its hosting plans. The basic features that come along with each hosting are quite commendable as not many hosting companies offer these requirements. Why pay for site migration or SSL certificates when you can get them for free even in the most basic plan on Interserver.
INTERSERVER: WHAT ARE MY THOUGHTS?
I have been using Interserver for well over a month now, and to be honest with you, the hosting company offers services that seem underrated. Interserver isn’t widely advertised, like, I only began seeing ads after hosting my websites with them.
So far so good, there hasn’t been much to complain about apart from a few observations I’ll discuss below. The challenges I faced before going the Interserver route caused me to switch hosts. My mails arrive as soon as they’re sent, the WordPress mobile app works perfectly (This is so important to me, among others.
PROS AND CONS
In this section of my review, you’ll get to decide if Interserver is the perfect host for your blog/website or not.
- AFFORDABILITY : The pricing per plan is a major feature to love about Interserver. Pricing starts at $5/month (shared plan) to $96/month (reseller plan).
- AMAZING CUSTOMER SUPPORT: You should debunk any negative review about Interserver’s customer support because, their knowledgeable technical staff offer outstanding help and reply as fast as possible.
- FREE SSL: The company uses Let’sEncrypt to provide free SSL certificates to customers. Most hosting companies do not do this.
- FEATURE PACKED PLANS: An almost free domain, site migration, SSL certificate, CloudFlare CDN and more.
- FREE SITE MIGRATION: You can move your site from any other hosting company to Interserver for free. Just buy a hosting package.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: All shared hosting accounts are entitled to a 30-day money back guarantee. If after 30 days you feel Interserver isn’t what you want, you are entitled to a refund.
- STRAIGHT FORWARD PRICING: Interserver price their products just as you’d expect. Their renewal price remains the same as your first purchase.
- PAYMENT METHODS: InterServer accepts popular payment methods including: major credit/debit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover), PayPal, Checks and Money Orders
As much as I love the Interserver hosting experience, there are a few challenges and setbacks with the platform. Below is everything I hope the Interserver competent team will work on.
- Company Website is old fashioned and somewhat uneasy to navigate through. I spent a few minutes on the front page trying to figure out where to go next. The navigation experience is zero to none.
- Fluctuating SSL certificate: the SSL issue on the sign-up page made me skeptical whether I was on the official website or a phishing site. There were warnings. I hope they do work on this. Also, sometimes, I get the not fully secured tag on my blog.
- Challenging Sign-up Process: if we are all impatient, Interserver will lose tons of prospective customers. Signing up isn’t one of the cutest things to do on the platform. The verification process wasn’t functioning properly, so I had to contact the support team for the code.
- Delayed wordPress Update: I couldn’t upgrade to wordpress 5.3 until a week after the official update. I got my blog crashed trying to do so impatiently.
- Challenging Domain registration: There are some challenges with domain registration on the platform. Even after attempting to pay for a domain alongside my hosting package, I had to go over the payment separately.
- No Money-back guarantee if you subscribed to VPS or dedicated servers.
- Though this isn’t a feature to hate, I mean a $1.99 domain registration with feature packed Plans is a fair deal. But then, people like free things, and not getting free domains alongside hosting plans might not go down well with some people.
Virtually every host has a good and bad feature. You only need to seek for the right help when you encounter challenges you can not fix. Although these downside might seem difficult, the interserver team have a tutorials page you can visit and to seek for solutions before contacting their support if the problem goes unsolved or beyond you.
If you are new to hosting in general, you can check out their getting started articles before you begin setting up your website. This basic guide is very important. An example helpful article is the guide on getting into your account after receiving your welcome email.
If you ask me, I’ll say Interserver is one amazing host worth subscribing to if you are concerned with reputation and service delivery. The company is an experienced web host with a history of providing amazing web hosting services to customers. You are offered different web hosting options at fair prices.
Even if you are looking to host a WordPress site, I can assure you that InterServer’s web hosting plans Advanced WordPress Security Platform are more than sufficient for your proposed project. You are only a click away to automatically install WordPress with Softaculous. If you want to migrate your website/blog, their support team is ever ready to carry out the transfer process for free.
Interserver is one of the most affordable hosts out there. Although you might be quick to debunk this as their smallest plan is priced at $5/month. When analysed, you’ll agree with me that Interserver pricing is fair enough. The pricing doesn’t change after first purchase, unlike most hosts that display discounted prices as a marketing strategy and leave you with renewal rates that are like 3x times higher.
As opposed to some reviews, Interserver support system is amazing. They have problem solving articles in their tutorial page. If you do not find help in the tutorials page, you can start a livechat with any of their reliable and knowledgeable staff or simply write a message to them via the support page.
Although I have only spent a month with this hosting company, I believe my experience with them will be topnotch and there will be no course to complain in the future. So looking beyond the not so modern interface, you’d get just what you desire with Interserver.
Ready to host or migrate your website?
Go To InterServer, They are definitely worth trying.