Google Blogspot users frequently get this automated Cookies notification on their blogs for EU visitors.
The cookie message appears at the top of your blog.
Though the notification is annoying but here is why it is important:
all blogspot blogs using the default .blogspot.com sub-domains ( country-code Top Level Domain or ccTLD) or custom domains (be it .com, .net, .org etc.) will automatically show the following sticky Notice at the top of the page when a user visits that blog from a browser with an European IP:
Customizing the EU Cookies Notice Bar
1. Go To blogger > Template > Backup your template
2. Click Edit HTML
3. Paste the following code just below ]]></b:skin> tag
Replace the black bolded text with any message you may like.
You can replace the highlighted link with your Custom Privacy Statement page if you don’t want to link to “https://www.blogger.com/go/blogspot-cookies“. The default link points to Blogger’s Privacy page for Cookies info.
Editing the CSS
- To change Notice Bar background color edit #ff2edc
- To change the border that appears at the bottom of the bar edit #333333
- To change the background color of Buttons edit #333333
- To change the font color edit #333333
If you paste the above directly to your template html, your cookies notification changes from this: