It is yet another new year and without doubt, January 1st witnessed tons of people clamouring for a new phase in their life and so many supposedly important new year’s resolution were made admist the fun.
Now that you have probably all made up amazing new year resolutions because they seem to be inevitably now part of a new year celebration; Have you Ever kept to or achieved a New Year’s Resolution? Or have the term, with time being corrupted into something we say every year just for the fun of it?
What Are Resolutions?
Naturally, Resolutions are vows and intents that we make to fulfil.
Here is My Story
- I grew up Making resolutions.
- Roughly 99% of my resolutions were never worked on.
- I repeat 90% of my resolutions each year.
- 99% of times, I forget I’ve made resolutions before it’s Ferurary 7th.
What Is Your Story?
Just like, you might have a similar story of making several resolutions that are kicked off just as soon as they are made!
But Why are 90% resolutions Never achieved?
- January is filled with fun and fixing your resolutions in there only makes it part of the fun.
- Everyday is a new day with you as you’ve always been, so A new year with an exclamation of a new you is more a less worthless…
- We Say resolutions because everyone else has a thing to say.
- Resolutions and goals aren’t made in a haste and they aren’t wishes either.
- New year’s resolutions aren’t always SMART.
If you need to make a resolution, don’t make it win a haste, thus don’t make it when the world shouts HAPPY NEW YEAR. Make in the coolest manner. Be patient and Let the bustle of January subside!
I slided into 2018 for the first time in my life without New Year’s resolutions not because I have nothing worthwhile to achieve but because I am not ready to make goals that I will not work towards achieving in the long run.