Welcome to Nigeria where everything seem so hard and not so easy…
Making money online may be an easy nut to crack in some countries, but due to the many restrictions, it has become some really hard nut to crack in Nigeria. … It’s obvious that Nigerians have been blacklisted from accessing many websites.
Nigerians, despite being one of the largest internet users in the world, still find it hard to earn online!
It’s so difficult and sometimes I want to scream! But what’s the use? It makes no difference. Every day, gullible Nigerians fall victim of wicked self-proclaimed entrepreneurs selling worthless and recycled ebooks in the name of teaching them how to make money online… Please stop buying such meaningless books!
It’s only fair that most giant companies close their doors to Nigerians. They just want to protect their name! But it is actually neck breaking for good people trying to earn legitimate money online without scamming people!
Due to the road block, many scam and dubious websites have erupted and taken away a good number of persons’ hard-earned money. Not only that, the Get rich quick mentally has sunken deep into the heart of many!
I’d be glad if Nigerians learn to avoid MLM, pyramid and Ponzi schemes, you only rob peter to pay Paul or feed the site creator.
Some Genuine Ways To make Money Online In Nigeria
Despite the limitations and all, there is always a way out.
Of course, this is one amazing way to make money online. Blogging is the best start when it comes to making money online as a Nigerian. You don’t have to go through the hassle of hiding your ass, blocking your location, or all sort of trash and your blog can become a host to other means of earning a living online! All you need is patience and steady development of your blog.
1a. Things to blog about if you plan on targeting Nigerians
• Technology – We are in the 21st century where technology seen to be at its peak with lots and lots of company competing with each other. Nigerians love gadgets and a phone review website with make just a good amount of money with affiliate marketing when hard work is employed! All you need is research!
• Sports – Everyday men and boys search and read sports news, especially football… Blogging about sports is really lucrative and there are just numerous ways to make money online one of which is promoting sports betting sites as an affiliate.
• Fashion – Though not obvious, Nigerians love fashion and are willing to spend money to look good… How about giving fashion advises with links to recommended products? A good Fashion sub niche is blogging about natural/Virgin hair. Yes! Most Nigerian Ladies are going back to their roots.
• Education – This is probably one of the best niche to blog on because every day hold a new opportunity to sell pasts questions or refer someone willing to study abroad!
• Entertainment – As broad as it is, everyone has a chance to stay relevant with an Entertainment blog… Spending a little on advertising will surely boost your traffic
1b. How Does Blogging Makes You Money
• Selling an ad Space
To make money this way, you need to build your blog steadily until advertisers come requesting to promote ads. What do advertisers want? Traffic! If you can patiently build your blog to get relevant traffic, you will start receiving offers from companies willing to run ads on your website…
• Promoting Products and Services
As a blogger, You can be affiliate marketer, promoting offers to people through your blog posts.
You can also be a micro niche blogger that blogs about a particular niche and place affiliate links in it to get commission for every purchase made through your link.
• Sponsored posts
This works best with entertainment blogs, specifically music blogs. You and I k ow that there are just so many upcoming artists who would want their voice to spread across lots of people… Such artists are willing to pay you to promote their songs, write good things about them that can sell!
1c. Draw backs in blogging
Every one seem to be dancing in the saturated entertainment, news and gossip niche because Linda Ikeji makes millions from her gossip blog.
Plagiarism; you get to read exactly the same post in about 10 other blogs! You can always try to rephrase or react instead!
Well, there are hundreds of good niches out there that can make you money to an extent AdSense becomes your least consideration.
2. Working as an affiliate marketer
Affiliate marking simply means selling other peoples goods for commissions. This marketing system works well when you have a blog or know how to convince people to buy products. Though it’s not compulsory to have a blog, you can at least build a brand and make promotion easier.
Good news is, there are lots of affiliate marketing websites with thousands of products and services scattered in various cm categories and niches.
All you need is the right product to promote to your audience.
2a. Affiliate Marketing websites for bloggers Suitable for Nigerian Audience
There are tons of affiliate marketing websites, below are some that are actually suitable for Nigerian Blog readers.
• Jumia affiliate Program – You can refer people to buy virtually anything on jumia store.
• Konga affiliate Program – Same as Jumia… They sell Varieties of products worth promoting.
• Gearbest Affiliate Program – For gadgets. Though it’s a foreign website, they are trusted and many Nigerians shop with them as they ship to the country.
Some foreign Affiliate websites open to Nigerians
These Foreign Companies Pay You through Payoneer Get A Virtual Bank Account With Payoneer Now
2b. Working as an Affiliate Marketer without a Blog
You can promote products by telling friends about it on social media accounts or running paid ads on Facebook, twitter, Google and search engines.
3. Taking Surveys
Though this method seem difficult, You can actually make money online by taking surveys on sites like point2shop, surveysavvy and more.
4. Selling your qualifications
Here is one thing to do if you are a creative Nigerian. You can sell your qualifications online by show casing your skills and abilities to interested people who in turn hire you… Sites like freelancer and fiverr are good places to make money with your qualifications.
Well, you can always offer to teach someone your local dialect… You don’t know who is willing to learn what you are extremely good at.
If you have good command in English, you can offer to write for bloggers and website owners too busy to construct their own posts.
5. Selling your Products
Works better if you have digital products, downloadable after payment… You can sell your templates, artworks, books, literature works on your blog (Okadabooks is a good place to sell your epub books to Nigerian Audience)
6. Working on GPT sites
Ever heard of winthrillsnetwork? Well, if you haven’t, you have now. The website pays you to post links on your social media pages.
You can also invest on winthrillsnetwork… The site is very genuine and I’ve made a few bucks from it in the past.
Another website I know of is microworkers but you need patience as payment is a bit low per task done although their tasks are slightly easy to perform.
Remember this is just a blog posts and as the saying goes, easier said than done! Prosperity is not an overnight job, you need commitment, patience, hard work and above all discard any “Get Rich Quick Syndrome” you might have been struggling with…
Good luck while you struggle to earn legitimately and genuinely… See you at the top.